Need a little spice in your life? Winter is a great time to enjoy wild Haida Gwaii salmon! Heat things up with this exotic Indian-inspired dish that will showcase your Westcoast Resorts catch beautifully.
Part 1: Chutney
- ½ Red Onion – sliced thin
- 2 Roma Tomatoes – chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves – sliced thin
- 1 oz Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cardamom
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- Cilantro – chopped
- Combine all except cilantro in sauce pot.
- Cook on low until thick. This should take about 1 hour.
- Let it cool then add chopped cilantro.
Part 2: Salmon
- Portion fish as desired and sprinkle with dried tandoori spice.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until it flakes when pressed.
Part 3: Lentils
- 1 cup Lentils
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Red Onion – diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves – chopped
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Kale – chopped
- Cook lentils in chicken stock until tender, add kale and cook through.
- Add more stock if required, drain.
- Saute onions and garlic.
- Add lentils, tomato paste and cumin. Season to taste.
- Plate and finish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pro tip: For a lunch or lighter dish, skip the lentils and serve with baby greens and naan (as pictured).
Running low on fish in your freezer? Shop premium wild Haida Gwaii salmon online at Haida Wild Seafoods.